Saturday, August 29, 2009

Summer 2009

My Summer

...was bracketed by vacations. We saw the ageless landscapes of the Southwest in June: the dry, dry, desserts, the deep, deep, chasms of the Grand Canyon, the solid red and orange rocks of Bryce and Zion, and the heat and craziness of Las Vegas with Jim and Jill. In August Matthew and I visited family and friends in Kenosha. My parents are doing great but are getting old. We discussed where to put the washer and dryer on the 1st floor so my mom won't have to negotiate the stairs. We looked at what may need to be fixed for them to sell their house and buy a condo. I attended my 30th High School Reunion. Matthew spent cherished time with his cousins, where sleepovers and a bowling outing were highlights for him. Summer began with a closing: our real estate endeavor at 264 Bishops Glen occurred on the first day of scool vacation. Renovating the interior became my part-time job in between outings. It was the summer of three trips to Six Flags, Lanyard camp at Teresa's and a memorable outing to Washington DC. It was the Summer of my new laundry room, which I love for its color, clean look and modern machinery, but mostly for the accomplishment of doing it myself. It started with an uncertain future jobwise, and ended with overflowing bounty.

What a great Summer!

Southwest Vacation

Summer Shots

No comments:

Post a Comment